Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
Not within easy reach of those countries that provide the finalists.
No one knew who the finalists would be when the allocation of the Final venue was made. Are we now suggesting that only FA's that may provide finalists should be given the opportunity to host a UEFA final? Since 1956 we've had the final of the Europe Champions League (including the European Cup) in the following countries - Italy 9 times; England 8 times; Spain 7 times; France 5 times; Germany 5 times; Austria 4 times; Belgium 4 times; Netherlands 4 times; Greece 3 times; Scotland 3 times; Portugal twice; Russia once; Wales once; Switzerland once; Ukraine once; Turkey once, with one more this season in Spain and one more next season in Turkey. It seems the Western UEFA members are getting the lion's share of the opportunity of hosting this prestigious cup final.

I can't find a lsit of venues for the Europa League Final but I suspect the pattern to be the same.

All members of UEFA are allowed to bid for these finals, and I see no problem with UEFA sharing them out - in fact they should be sahring them out a bit more than they have done in the past. I'm looking forward to Kazakhstan getting one soon. (Although I'd prefer to see Wales have them in a qualifying group for the Euros or WC first)