Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
Well, Mr Treseder, after I returned from living in Germany in my early twenties I migrated this way due to the type of job I wanted. After being told by a careers master at school that I should consider becoming a cartographer, the penny dropped about 5 years later. I thought that I should migrate towards Ordnance Survey or the sea-going alternative, based in Taunton. As my brother lived down here for a while I stayed with him for a while before eventually getting in where I am now.
I've lived in Cardiff, Newport, Dorset, Devon, Kent, London and Germany but I love Somerset. It's a lovely county and largely ignored by tourists who drive through it to head further southwestwards.
The north coast is nearby, the Devon coast to the south is fairly near, the Quantock Hills, the Brendon Hills, the Blackdown Hills and Exmoor are within easy reach and I am happy as a pig in poop,especially since I started walking a couple (and lead a couple of walking groups a couple of years ago, unusual for me as I don't join groups usually).
Taunton is on the M5, on the main railway line, you don't have to be well off to live well here, the people are not materialistic and it gives me wonderful karma.
Anything else you want to know, you nosey so-and-so?

Thank you for your interest.
a/s/l?

P.S. A CCFC season ticket holder.
Thanks for that Mr Genie. I lived in Cornwall for a while. A little place called Porthtowan. (Not far from Redruth) It was a beautiful picturesque place. Unlike Somerset, the tourists flock to Cornwall. The locals call them “Emmetts” think it’s a Cornish word for “ ants”
It’s good to find out a little bit about my fellow posters and fellow City fans. May I commend you on your continuing allegiance to your hometown club.
One last question. Do you think you’ll ever move back to Wales, or are you happy enough to see out your autumn yrs in the West Country ?