Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
I've never liked Boris, but it does seem as thought the media are giving him the "Trump" treatment. The thing is, the blue rinse brigade are going to vote for him in their thousands, and nothing is going to change that.

BTW that Telegraph article seems to confirm my observations, that Mrs Boris was effected by the Worboys news, and that the wine on the sofa incident kicked everything off.
Your version of events might just be right who knows, but, for me, this thread has developed into far more now than just a debate into what that row was about (although I will say that before the voting had begun, who was the candidate who was most likely to be the subject of such a story? There's a reason for that.). No, it became more than that when you started using terms like "her rapist" when, even according to the alleged victim, there was no justification for doing so and then compounded the error by accusing me and others who pointed out your carelessness and thoughtless of trying to prove the innocence of a convicted serial rapist. That's an accusation so ludicrous that it would be hilarious under different circumstances - you crossed a line there as far as I'm concerned.

By the way, who is "Mrs Boris"? I could say which one do you mean, there's been so many of them, but that would be flippant. It is so, so ironic that you are taking the moral high ground regarding the "poor lady" when, having re read the thread to make sure, it strikes me that there has only ever been one person in it who has been disrespectful to her and you're still at it! Her name is Carrie Symonds and, judging by what I've read about her in the past few days, I would say she is the epitome of a modern day, empowered woman who has made her own way in life despite some traumatic events in earlier years - I wonder what she would think about being called Mrs Boris?