Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
..............and you think the Danish pharmaceuticals firm Novo Nordisk, and Sanofi, based in France, will allow themselves to go to the wall because they cannot export to the UK. WE buy..... they sell.....stop scaremongering.
Nobody denies that EU exporters won't be too happy about it but:

1) it doesn't mean they cannot export - it's a matter of timing and delays as much as anything else. But those delays can literally kill the people waiting
2) even if they couldn't export to the UK (which they can), it doesn't mean they would go bust
3) regardless of their commercial interests, they are not actually in charge of the EU's policy on Brexit so the fact that they won't like it doesn't actually mean it won't happen.

I genuinely think that people are underestimating the scale of disruption that this is going to cause to supply chains.

EDIT: just realised you might be thinking of the ban in teh other direction i.e. on exports from the UK. I think that is a possibility in an attempt to maintain medicine levels in the UK because of problems with imports and because the pound would likely crash, incentivising export.