Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
Vaulks has been the biggest disappointment for me so far this season - apart from the injuries. I really thought he would have the attributes to become our first choice midfielder - able to play as a 6 or an 8 and to be a leader in the team and source of goals. He did all of that at Rotherham but from what Warnock has hinted, it seems he has found it difficult to adapt to a bigger club and greater expectations after the move.

Hopefully he (and Glatzel) will click soon. That said I think Bacuna has done well alongside Ralls with Pack out. I don't like him at RB but he has been much better than most on here predicted in the middle. If Bacuna is jet-lagged maybe this will be Vaulks' chance?
Totally agree regarding Vaulks. I do wonder whether he's a confidence player and being the main man at Rotherham suited him really well. I'm sure he'll come good and hopefully it won't take too long.

The key things are that we stick with Tomlin as he can pick a pass like nobody else in our squad - and Glatzel needs more support up top.