Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
FFS Bob. Now was the chance for you to give them both barrels!!��
Okay, what I will say is that we were the lowest try scorers while winning the Grand Slam and I never had any illusions that we could succeed in this World Cup by playing a beautiful version of the game, but what's concerned me throughout the tournament is that we're struggling in facets that I thought we'd be among the best in the competition at.

For example, our defence was very good at the end of the first half when we were hanging on by the skin of our teeth, but, at other times, there was a frailty which has been with us throughout the World Cup. Also, even when we were crap, there was a time when I thought we'd be better under the high ball than most sides we played, but we've not been great in that department either.

As Grand Slam winners with a long run of victories behind us, I thought we should be making the Semi Finals, anything after that is a bonus. The fact we have done so without ever playing well in my opinion (England put the Australia game into some sort of perspective yesterday) could be an indicator that we can go all of the way, but it seems more likely at the moment that we've now got as far as we can in the tournament - whatever happens in the remaining quarter final, we're surely going to be the outsiders among the four in the semi finals.

Being positive, Pearcey makes a good point about 2011 when an unimpressive French side gave New Zealand a hell of a game in a Final that most thought they would win at a canter - Wales still haven't shown what they are capable of in this tournament.