+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "we haven't had a lot of time on the training ground" something I've heard a few times

"we haven't had a lot of time on the training ground" something I've heard a few times

From the manager and once or twice from players in interviews.

How is this?

I've obviously got no idea on the day to day running of a football club, but in this interview https://youtu.be/u0K0qUD2cWM Harris says "it will come'' so why isn't this something that can happen now?
    Like I said I don't know the ins and outs and no doubt they have other obligations like watching videos and talking about their opponents.. so if it can't happen now why will it suddenly in the future,?

https://youtu.be/u0K0qUD2cWM

Re: "we haven't had a lot of time on the training ground" something I've heard a few times

I'd imagine the weather hasn't exactly helped.

Re: "we haven't had a lot of time on the training ground" something I've heard a few times

Too many games, 18 in 11 weeks. Besides that, some drills can take months to perfect and they require constant repetition.

Because we've been playing twice a week a lot recently and players need 48 hours to recover after matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Too many games, 18 in 11 weeks. Besides that some drills can take months to perfect.
    Agreed. There's a difference between training patterns of play - a generalisation - and working on specifics for individual games.

There's been less hoof than under Warnock imo but will take time.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Because we've been playing twice a week a lot recently and players need 48 hours to recover after matches.
    Yeah I paused on the video. Playing twice a week means 3 training sessions a week with a recovery day after the midweek game.

It's like that quite a lot at this level though, so how much are we expecting to change with the extra day?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Too many games, 18 in 11 weeks. Besides that, some drills can take months to perfect and they require constant repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That I get.

But what nobody can answer is what changes with another day added on, in the weeks we have one game not two we will gain an extra training day, doesn't seem like an awful lot changes? Like I said I've no idea hence asking