Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
Well, the likelihood of a Covid-19 was also low. But, here we are. I would like to think that we would be better prepared for any subsequent one but, until we resolve the current issue globally, we won't be.

A recent study in China of 262 recovered sufferers found that 38 tested positive for Covid-19 after being discharged. That doesn't mean reinfection, but it could mean reinfection. It could also be that there are traces of the virus after recovery, or it could mean that there were problems with the first test.

So, the question of immunity hasn't been answered. I have seen estimates as low as few months to as high as a few years. That is why there is, in my opinion, a possibility of further waves of this going on for a few years (based on the premise that a vaccine is difficult to produce). I see as much evidence for this scenario as there is evidence this is a one wave pandemic.

It's also not helpful that people walk around thinking they have had it and are therefore immune to it. Firstly, these people have never been tested so they are assuming they've had it. Secondly, they are assuming that they are now immune. Thirdly, they are assuming that they can no longer be a transmitter of the disease. Their assumptions may well be correct, but if they are not correct they are putting themselves in danger. I wouldn't want to get Covid-19 at all, let alone a few weeks after a nasty flu infection.
So what you're saying is that your opinion is different to mine, but, still, neither of us can be sure of what were saying and we cannot speak with any great authority on this subject, hence my frequent use of I could be wrong.