+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Piers Morgan ?

Re: Piers Morgan ?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's not worse than anyone expected, this pandemic has been predicted/prepared for for years.

I was reading about some pandemic professor or other who had worked with Singapore in 2003 and 2009 for their pandemic response. He said that Singapore had pretty much copied the UK plan, and Singapore has coped very well with it (their numbers have jumped in the last few days but they are almost entirely foreign manual workers living in shared dormitories and there's a tiny amount of community cases).

The difference between the UK and Singapore is that Singapore actually did the plan. It's something that the likes of us never expected to happen, but governments should be ready, and the UK had enough warning that it was on the way.
    The difference between the UK and Singapore is that UK has a population of 66 million and Singapore 5.6 million for a start. Also UK has an area of 242,000 sq km and Singapore 721 sq km. Its like comparing apples and oranges. Trying to stop the pandemic spreading in the UK is similar to the old story of the dutch boy sticking his finger in the leaking dam.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Didn't see the Morgan interview but sounds like he said what we all wanted saying.

I did see Andrew Marr though interviewing Gove and he let him wriggle all around the question.
    I know Its more difficult over the net rather than face to face but I found Marr very weak.
    Morgan is a prat. His arguments are all politically motivated. He had a go at one politician for smiling about the pandemic, when all she had was large teeth !!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Morgan is a prat. His arguments are all politically motivated. He had a go at one politician for smiling about the pandemic, when all she had was large teeth !!
    Another person who treats political parties like football teams.

The difference between the UK and Singapore is that UK has a population of 66 million and Singapore 5.6 million for a start. Also UK has an area of 242,000 sq km and Singapore 721 sq km. Its like comparing apples and oranges. Trying to stop the pandemic spreading in the UK is similar to the old story of the dutch boy sticking his finger in the leaking dam.
    Do you not think things are scalable?

This is true, but you can dig a little deeper. The death rate per million in the UK is 100 times higher than Singapore (237 compared to 2 per million) - is that down to Singapore being a city, while the UK is a big country? Maybe we can compare Singapore and London.

Singapore
    5.6 million people
    8,014 cases as at 20th April
    11 deaths

London
    8.9 million people
    18,951 cases as at 16th April
    I can't find a total, but in the week beginning March 28th, 1,170 deaths were recorded as coronavirus (46.6% of all London deaths that week)*

The sad fact is that there are very few countries you can choose where the UK is performing favourably. Some countries have been able to stick the finger in the dam. South Korea have managed it.

*EDIT in fact over 20% of the total number of UK deaths that week occurred in London.

I know who he is but I do not watch anything he appears on - read anything he writes about and I rarely comment on him as I do not believe as a human being he deserves oxygen - he approved the fake photos of the iraqi soldiers being tortured which led to human deaths - he knew about phone hacking of murdered children but did not get charged for it - I have no doubt journalists he was responsible for were involved in it as he warned his mates about it.

I feel dirty commenting on him now - odious and repugnant man who the country would be better off without

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Anyone still like him?

What a tool he is these days!
    I liked his twitter feed (not him), but has become a one trick pony, easiest job in the world at the moment to criticise this government (and I do to myself) of how things have panned out, hindsight is a wonderful tool, the only person on twitter more annoying than him at the moment is Carole Cadsomething, she's loves the sensational headlining whilst people are dying, her and Morgan would make a fine couple. I'm not sure how long Johnson will cling to power, IMO he's been found wanting by a long way but lumping on after this unprecedented event isn't going to bring anyone back. Future generations will have the knowledge of how not to deal with a pandemic, I think we should have been better prepared but am not qualified in anyway to say how. Lessons learned & root cause analysis seem to be the buzz words at the moment within the industry i'm in but again these are after the event, and in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I liked his twitter feed (not him), but has become a one trick pony, easiest job in the world at the moment to criticise this government (and I do to myself) of how things have panned out, hindsight is a wonderful tool, the only person on twitter more annoying than him at the moment is Carole Cadsomething, she's loves the sensational headlining whilst people are dying, her and Morgan would make a fine couple. I'm not sure how long Johnson will cling to power, IMO he's been found wanting by a long way but lumping on after this unprecedented event isn't going to bring anyone back. Future generations will have the knowledge of how not to deal with a pandemic, I think we should have been better prepared but am not qualified in anyway to say how. Lessons learned & root cause analysis seem to be the buzz words at the moment within the industry i'm in but again these are after the event, and in hindsight.
    Stop poncing about on that fence

Get rid of johnson and his bunch of puppets

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Will be interesting of how long he can ride this out, with the crises having been ongoing now for a few months, the 'experts' do have some historical data to work with (especially if you include world data, so the strategy for getting out of this IMO, will define how long he clings to power)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Will be interesting of how long he can ride this out, with the crises having been ongoing now for a few months, the 'experts' do have some historical data to work with (especially if you include world data, so the strategy for getting out of this IMO, will define how long he clings to power)
    In my opinion they are useless

Anyone still like him?

I would love to punch him a few times in the face

Lucky we didn't get Corbyn who couldn't run a bath without help. Corbyn looks like a 70s perv who drove around in his cortina asking kids to go see puppies..

Not a likeable man , did enjoy his go at the USA on gun control, which resulted in losinb his show and him being booted out the USA , before he was shot

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Lucky we didn't get Corbyn who couldn't run a bath without help. Corbyn looks like a 70s perv who drove around in his cortina asking kids to go see puppies..
    Very Piers, you will set the lefties off ,he was thier savour as they wished for a return to a 3 day week

The last sentence confirms this is a wind up account. Large feckin teeth.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Love him and i will never contradict myself

can't stand him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's a complete tool but he's the only one holding the government to account for their disgraceful handling of this crisis.
    This.

This government need to be held to account.

In my opinion they are useless
    You think they are that good?

Anyone still like him

Tory apologists.
    He's been a tool for years just because he's turned his angst on these useless tossers in power you are taking humbridge.

Can’t stand him. Loves the sound of his own voice but he is the only holding the Tories to account because no one else is.

I'll tell you who's a kaant
    Jim Davidson
    Utter wanker

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I'll tell you who's a kaant
    Jim Davidson
    Utter wanker
    :thumbup I DETEST HIM

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Can’t stand him. Loves the sound of his own voice but he is the only holding the Tories to account because no one else is.
    Can we get the 2 Piers Morgan threads merged, please? Cheers mods.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Instead we have got boris johnson and his gang who thought it was ok going round shaking everybody hands , who have asked us to clap for the nhs , when boris and his chums turned down a pay rise for the nurses and have totally naffed up the supply of protective equipment for the doctors and nurses the tories want us to clap every week , putting them at risk

I think going back to the seventies wouldnt be a bad idea