Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
Very Farage, Cummings and Trump of you ( 'I'm for allowing people to do what they wish; whether they choose to gather or not let them decide what they believe is best for themselves rather than by government diktat'.)

Boris early on in this crisis and Trump were very vocal about self responsibility in line with his libertarian stance He was then pressured by the media , opposition, scientists , his own arrogance on this matter took its toll on him, and he contracted Covid.

In my view your thoughts are fine in some form of false utopia where folk think they are free like North Korea , China , Russia where a gun is pointed at you or prison is threatened, your liberatarin stance would deliver more death , as UK citizens have to be told what to do unfortunately.

Boris is now considering stricter flight restrictions (bit late in my view ) the backlash us already there to be heard?? . You can't win

Boris will today provide a partial approach to your wish (allowing people to do what they wish), guess what he us already he is being criticised for this slight relaxation of peoples freedom of choice, let's hope you voice your support for the folk "let them decide "
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...share_btn_link