Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
So which of your family and friends would you sacrifice? No-one ever seems to be able to answer that question, probably because there is no answer. It's always easier to say "people die" etc, when they're not a part of your life. Ask people who have lost loved ones to this virus whether the economy is more important. I bet you'll struggle to find many.

FWIW I thought the Prime Minister got things pretty much right tonight. There should be opportunities for people to work, providing social distancing can be observed. There should be more opportunities for outdoor recreation as long as social distancing can be observed. I thought he did well to put the ball into the hands of the public. Act like idiots, create a second wave of this virus and the lockdown will get tighter. Act responsibly, get the number of cases and deaths down, and there can be further relaxations of the lockdown. It's up to us, but up to us all. If too many people act irresponsibly, we'll all suffer as a result, both in terms of a harsher lockdown with stiffer penalties and in terms of people dying of Covid-19.
I’ve already lost an auntie to it. She was in a nursing home. Unfortunate but she didn’t have long left anyway.

Now I would rather sacrifice her than one of my children. The outlook for them was pretty bleak before this pandemic, god help what it’s going to look like if we shut down until a vaccine is found.