Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
He said I was "silly" for calling him a hypocrite yesterday - this is exactly the sort of thing I had in my mind when I said it. This time last year, he and others who are always banging on about global, neoliberal conspiracies were lauding those who they saw as freedom fighters taking part in the yellow vest protests, now, because it suits his trumps (pun intended) everything else obsession, he comes at things from a completely different direction - this is not me comparing the merits or otherwise of the different protests, it's me just pointing out Gluey's clear hypocrisy.
Nowhere have I stated that a random self-appointed subset of the population should be allowed to take it upon themselves to break established social distancing rules in an uncontrolled manner. You're just being a "silly"ass if you think the rule of law can be bypassed on ideological grounds if it suits your own specific agenda. You need to have agreed rules that everybody follows which take into account the situation of every person, and not play Russian roulette with peoples lives in a lawless fashion.