Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
Only in football will the customer be told they lose rights simply for asking money back on a product that cannot be supplied.

Imagine if the holiday companies came out with a

"Option 1 - Donate the money to the staff who we have had to lay off
Option 2 - Use the money towards your next holiday, but we will tell you the price later. You will get entered into a draw to get an upgrade to Super Economy"

The club are using emotion to sway people to keeping their money at the club (either through a donation, or towards committing when the doors open), people can choose whichever option they want but the reality is the fans are being asked to subsidise the club. Some members of staff have lost 20% of their wages over the last 3 months, and are likely to lose their jobs when the furlough scheme ends.

The question i have is, how much money is currently invested into the academy by the club. Is that money in jeopardy of being cut back, if so by how much? If it is significant, then how many fans need to donate to make up the shortfall? If it is not in jeopardy, then how will the extra money be used by the academy to actual produce a first team player? I am not sure that the academy's lack of quality is even down to finances.

If fans are being asked to defer the money and pay towards the next season ticket, then why can't the club indicate how much a full season ticket would cost for next season? The price can drop pro-rata until the gates open.

I appreciate the club is finding things difficult, but so are the companies who are employing us. Football clubs (not just ours) have the emotion element to eke more money from fans, but if they are asking fans for more money, then fans are entitled to ask for more details.
What a ludicrous analogy! If I used a holiday company (and I don't) I wouldn't feel the least disloyal if I were to use a different company next time around. Loyalty to a football club usually lasts a lifetime and more people change spouses than football clubs!
If City went into liquidation how many fans would happily transfer their loyalty to other clubs to the same degree? (Rhetorical question).