+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    When was the last Cobra meeting out of interest?
    Not sure. When was the last ministerial implementation group, when were the last Welsh Government meetings?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Not sure. When was the last ministerial implementation group, when were the last Welsh Government meetings?
    Little idea what a Ministerial Implementation Group is though there is a reference here in the UK Government update on how it will manage the response to the virus.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...to-coronavirus

According to that The Prime Minister will continue to chair regular UK COBR meetings to take strategic decisions and review overall progress in the campaign to contain, delay and mitigate coronavirus.

It appears that the last time Cobra met at the pan-UK highest level body at the eye of the epidemic was May 10th.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-over-a-month

Probably why Drakeford was making the point and why Davies was so obtuse in the the quote you proudly posted.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Little idea what a Ministerial Implementation Group is though there is a reference here in the UK Government update on how it will manage the response to the virus.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...to-coronavirus

According to that The Prime Minister will continue to chair regular UK COBR meetings to take strategic decisions and review overall progress in the campaign to contain, delay and mitigate coronavirus.

It appears that the last time Cobra met at the pan-UK highest level body at the eye of the epidemic was May 10th.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-over-a-month

Probably why Drakeford was making the point and why Davies was so obtuse in the the quote you proudly posted.
    "Proudly" post, eh? That's a bit of an assumption on your part, it's a discussion point.

Now, if Drakeford has refused to liaise with UK government, for example the Welsh Government meetings you'd not mentioned, then we're in the situation that whatever happens in Wales is entirely on Drakeford. That's a dangerous game he's playing if it backfires.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    "Proudly" post, eh? That's a bit of an assumption on your part, it's a discussion point.

Now, if Drakeford has refused to liaise with UK government, for example the Welsh Government meetings you'd not mentioned, then we're in the situation that whatever happens in Wales is entirely on Drakeford. That's a dangerous game he's playing if it backfires.
    The only thing Drakeford does consistently is confuse me.

Strong hints that non essential shops may open next week, but unless that is coupled with easing of this stupid 5 mile rule, places like Cardiff shopping centre will only pull local people in to shop. That's hardly viable for a commercial centre like Cardiff, it needs a bigger catchment area.

Schools to open soon, but a relative in secondary school tells me that she has been told to attend on one day a week only, and no need to wear school uniform....what sort of education is that? Might as well not bother.

Dentists opening up in England, but not so in Wales. Why? Are our dentists less competent than their English equivalents? Don't they have the correct PPE. It's an insult to the dentists working in Wales.

Buy a car in England, go whistle in Wales. Car showrooms are places where social distancing is unlikely to be a problem, except in Drakeford's eyes.

Cautious is an understatement, and it's not as if we have been all that successful handling Covid. some of the highest incidence in the UK in Wales, 1300 patients discharged from hospital into Wales care homes without being tested, low testing throughout Wales compared to UK, embryonic track and trace.

Nicola Sturgeon acts as if she knows what she's doing and where she's going. Mark Drakeford does not fill me with that sort of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

Strong hints that non essential shops may open next week, but unless that is coupled with easing of this stupid 5 mile rule, places like Cardiff shopping centre will only pull local people in to shop. That's hardly viable for a commercial centre like Cardiff, it needs a bigger catchment area.

Schools to open soon, but a relative in secondary school tells me that she has been told to attend on one day a week only, and no need to wear school uniform....what sort of education is that? Might as well not bother.

Dentists opening up in England, but not so in Wales. Why? Are our dentists less competent than their English equivalents? Don't they have the correct PPE. It's an insult to the dentists working in Wales.

Buy a car in England, go whistle in Wales. Car showrooms are places where social distancing is unlikely to be a problem, except in Drakeford's eyes.

Cautious is an understatement, and it's not as if we have been all that successful handling Covid. some of the highest incidence in the UK in Wales, 1300 patients discharged from hospital into Wales care homes without being tested, low testing throughout Wales compared to UK, embryonic track and trace.

Nicola Sturgeon acts as if she knows what she's doing and where she's going. Mark Drakeford does not fill me with that sort of confidence.
    isn't this the same guy who was going out of his way to make excuses for Boris the other day?

Wales has 5% of the population of the UK and so far has had 2.5% of the deaths, to me that suggests that we have at least done better than England.
    maybe we shouldn't be asking why we are opening up slower than England, perhaps we should be asking why England are opening up more quickly than us

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    isn't this the same guy who was going out of his way to make excuses for Boris the other day?

Wales has 5% of the population of the UK and so far has had 2.5% of the deaths, to me that suggests that we have at least done better than England.
    maybe we shouldn't be asking why we are opening up slower than England, perhaps we should be asking why England are opening up more quickly than us
    And Northern Ireland, and Scotland.....

Banned

And Northern Ireland, and Scotland.....
    Do you think England are getting it right?

Banned

The r rate in Wales is the lowest in the country, so Drakeford and his team deserve credit for that but I appreciate that those of you who are party political as opposed to being apolitical will find fault somewhere.

However, the school situation is ridiculous from what I can see. Schools can open to 30% of capacity which, essentially, means that kids will attend 3 days every 2 weeks. Wouldn't it have been better for them to open schools to Y6, and then Y10 and Y12 fulltime?

The 5 mile radius thing is also a nonsense.

But, those minor things aside, the Welsh Government are continuing to follow the science. The UK Government are following the headlines/money/economy/votes.