Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
I assume that the "covered area" hasn't been completed yet. Maybe you could wait and see if the changes they're implenting actually work before having a meltdown.
The people in the Castle street shopping area complained about it as soon as it was announced. The council told them on the Saturday and did it on the Sunday. They all think it will damage their businesses not help them. As for the area being used for people to get drink from pubs when they reopen, a government minister said yesterday that pubs/restaurants would only be able to sell drink for open air areas "For which they already have a licence". That is clearly not the middle of castle Street

"All the social distancing is clearly marked as 2 metres which hope full will be reduced to 1 metre shortly, thereby rendering everything they have done totally useless" The Nightingale hospitals won't be required any more rendering them totally useless. Coronvirus won't be around forever rendering all of the changes we've made in our lives totally useless. Things are implemented when they have to be - until they are not required anymore. The point is: you can't not do something that's required simply because you won't always require it.
The social distancing markings on the street and in the arcades are useless because they are just nonsense. Go and take a look for yourself. No one is going to take the slightest notice of them because they are so clearly pointless. It has nothing to do with dealing with something that had to be done now. The fact that we will hopefully soon be going to 1 metre was something that the council may have thought worth considering before wasting the money.

"The council said they were closing Castle Street from the Angel but in fact they have 'closed' it from Cowbridge Road. If you want to go to Westgate street there are people standing at the barriers to let you in but if you don't already know it is permissible then you will go straight on"

https://www.wales247.co.uk/the-cardi...fes%20to%20use.
The point I was making with regard to Westgate St and Greyfriars Rd is that the signing in place indicates that these roads are closed completely. the average motorist wouldn't realise he can have the barrier moved to get into a car park. so by what they have done the council have effectively deterred motorists from coming to the Centre to shop. That is one of the reasons that the place is deserted. Add to that the deliberate disruption of the Public Transport the council tell us all they want us to use and you have a series of actions which all directly affect the businesses in the Centre which the council purport to be helping, whilst in reality they are quite clearly damaging them

As for having a meltdown., Its my time and if I want to have a meltdown i will, and if you try to stop my I shall scream and scream until I'm sick. And I can you know!!