Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
The situation with the buses is genuinely disgraceful. Many are now departing from Greyfriars Road but there is no information either in the shelters or on the digital tickers as regards timetables or which bus leaves from which stop. I've seen plenty of people missing buses in recent weeks as a result, most commonly to destinations outside Cardiff such as Newport and Merthyr.

This is a true story: early in the second week after the council had shut Castle Street, I managed to flag down an X8 bus on Greyfriars Road. It hadn't stopped properly on account of the fact that the driver said he didn't know where he was supposed to stop. I asked if he was going to Thornhill or the Bay. He asked me where I wanted to go. I said Thornhill. He said "Well we'll go to Thornhill then."

On the journey he explained that it had been chaos since Castle Street was closed as the lack of notice and communication from the council meant that his office hadn't sorted out a proper new route for the X8 yet (the bus usually goes from Thornhill to the Bay and back via the city centre). Therefore, the drivers didn't really know where they were supposed to be going or when. It was nice to have a private bus ride back to my place, but it just about summed up the situation.
You do realise other urban centres like Bristol and Birmingham have had issues with road closures , bus services and the painting of signs to make sure idiotic morons keep their distance

Believe it or not it's not just your council tax in fecking cardiff that is being used in covid measures or not just your bus services that have been affected

Jesus h christ