Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
Regardless of our views whether our rivalry with Bristol City or Swansea is more intense I think what is clear is that in Swansea there is no such doubt. When I did the bubble earlier in the season the intensity of feeling from the people we passed being bussed to the ground, in the stadium and the reaction of the players to the result gives an emotional edge that I don't think we have. I don't know whether it goes back to the Dave Jones "it's just another game" but until we feel it as hard as them I don't think we will get the upper hand.
I think there’s a bit of truth in this, I’ve always sensed it means more to the “average” jack supporter than the “average” city fan and it may filter through to the club and management more than it does or has here in my time.

Just in this thread there’s a broad range of opinion and sentiment, I imagine if you posed a similar question on a swans board it would be one way traffic leaving you in no doubt.

Nowt wrong with that and it’s understandable in football league terms, Swansea is that much more of an outpost than Cardiff is. Within the same radius as each other, city will have played the county, both sets of wurzels, Hereford and the jacks in the last few decades in the league. For them it’s only us within that distance.

For me, I almost don’t feel as if we have a derby in the way that Liverpool clubs, Manchester clubs, London clubs or Glasgow clubs have. Those encounters with the wurzels in the early 00s left a mark on me as a teenager but even now I’d have to say the sting has gone out of that a little.