Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Malky inherited a skeleton side in 2011 and got a very different squad into the playoffs. That was largely forced on him with the players who had left. Imagine he had inherited all of Jones's squad from the previous season? He would likely have made several changes. Why? Because it had flaws in it that needed correcting.

Same here. If we're going to go for a more possession based game, we're not going to get our current players suddenly upping their passing accuracy stats. Our wingers aren't suddenly going to create more chances for our forwards. Our strikers aren't suddenly going to make better runs or become better finishers.

I disagree slightly with Harris in his assessment that there's more to come from this group. I think it was a professional comment designed as a pat on the back. Last night's win came as a result of reverting more to Warnockball than our more recent passing game. If there is to be a change of approach, it needs a change of personnel.
Agreed. Yet again, we need to be mindful that a lot of the squad that got us to 5th are getting on a bit.
The players that we hang on to should be the ones more comfortable in possession and I believe that Murphy and Glatzel are two of those.
Is it any coincidence that they are less effective when Warnockball is wheeled out?