Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
With regard to this virus I have still not seen any reasoning behind the apparent fact that cases are rising but the deaths aren't, or at least not so much, except for the opinion that the virus may be mutating in order to not kill it's host, as clearly that is counter productive for it.
The problem with that is that if its true will the lack of high death numbers make the search for a vaccine less urgent in chemists minds.
Haven't they stopped providing the full data on Covid deaths since July 17th as they are "investigating" how they will be recording them in future... Or have I got that totally wrong?

Also, I've no idea how much it would be affecting the numbers but I wonder whether the fact that most care homes are still in some sort of lockdown are having an impact on the number of deaths at present.

A large number of deaths were attributed to untested patients being transferred to care homes, so I would suggest that's it's a factor in the current numbers. If it started spreading through care homes again then I think we would be seeing a much higher death rate. Thankfully, that doesn't look like happening.