+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Racism In Australia , The Australian Dream , Tonight BBC 2 , 10 pm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Racism In Australia , The Australian Dream , Tonight BBC 2 , 10 pm

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I've been very fortunate to travel globally & visit roughly 40 countries. Without doubt the two most racist countries (which really surprised me) are Australia & Canada (unfortunately due to the high level of begging & drunk Inuits).

My Aunt is of Aboriginal decent and when I was staying with her and I was lucky enough to meet & date an Aboriginal lass. I went out with her one night to a party and they only let her in after pleading by me. There was a buffet but as I only had the one entry ticket I gave it to her but they refused her food and gave me a hard time for giving her the ticket. We walked out.

I love Australia, I love my ever growing (Aboriginal decent) family, but the racism is truly surprising.
    Canada surprises me , very multi racial in the major cities , Toronto and vancouver are rainbow cities

Australia , well their treatment of aborigines is akin to the genocide of the American indians

In the settlements the plan , after they had stopped murdering aborigine men was to get aborigine girls to mate with white boys and dilute the gene pool

Re: Racism In Australia , The Australian Dream , Tonight BBC 2 , 10 pm

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Canada surprises me , very multi racial in the major cities , Toronto and vancouver are rainbow cities

Australia , well their treatment of aborigines is akin to the genocide of the American indians

In the settlements the plan , after they had stopped murdering aborigine men was to get aborigine girls to mate with white boys and dilute the gene pool
    Firstly, I've just watched the documentary, which is excellent. Goodes & Stan Grant come across really well and much of what was portrayed reflects my experiences. There is a high level of naivety & ignorance.

Regarding Canada, I've lived in Toronto and I found the racism to be selective. Quebecois & Chinese get regular stick but the Inuits get the same level of abuse as the Aborigines in Oz. Unfortunately there's homelessness & drunkeness linked to social & lack of work which exaggerates the situation. In my time in Vancouver I didn't see similar problems but as a city it has serious drug & social issues but takes a very positive approach.