Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
It was originally a point of principle as far as I was concerned. In my blog post of 17/08/2012, I wrote: "Of course, the Bluebirds hierarchy are under no obligation to consult with the fanbase on any issue. By the same token, the supporters are under no obligation to endorse the way in which the current regime is conducting its business. No doubt the vast majority of fans will carry on supporting the club regardless of recent events, but for some of us there is a principle at stake here. Cardiff City’s Malaysian owners have clearly demonstrated they are content to ignore the supporters and trample on the club’s traditions. Consequently, they will not be getting another penny from me."

However, while the position is still technically a point of principle, the truth of the matter is that I simply haven't had the desire to buy a ticket at any stage since the rebrand was reversed and my personal boycott effectively ended in January 2015. I get offered spare tickets on a regular basis on account of the fact that I have plenty of friends who are season ticket holders. If I have nothing else on my agenda, I take those tickets as I still love football, still enjoy watching the games, still enjoy the days out and very much enjoy catching up with everyone. But I also regularly turn down the offer of tickets as I'm either busy doing other things or I just don't fancy it for whatever reason.

If I genuinely felt inclined to buy a ticket I'd bite the bullet and do so, but so far I haven't felt that way. The occasional games have been enough.
I can understand the boycott when the club changed to red. I was more a fan who reluctantly stayed on board rather than one who was in any way happy with it. There were varying reactions to it even in the group that I go with. Success always tempers the level of reaction to an extent.

You say though that he trampled on the club's traditions and this was your main reason for boycotting or saying that you would give no more money to the club. We can all agree that he did care little for tradition when he changed the kit colour. I would ask though, if we had stayed blue and changed the badge to the one we have now with the small dragon (bypassing the red fiasco) would you still be on board?

He has apologised, admitted he got it wrong and gone full circle save for the small dragon on the badge. Sam Hammam changed larger portions of the badge prior to Tan for example.
Or is it more a case of a man that is capable of ignoring the wish of the fans once is capable of it again for you?