Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
In terms of the top-flight divisions, I believe the Premier League is the best league in the world. I don't believe it always throws up the best teams by any stretch of the imagination, although it does do that on occasions. However, I think its strength lies in a combination of factors - the quality of the players and managers it attracts throughout its clubs, the fact that it's usually so competitive by comparison to the other major European leagues, its strength in depth and the fact that the title is generally a realistic goal for significantly more clubs that the rest of the major leagues.

This season I don't believe the Premier League has been great. Liverpool have walked it, Manchester City were far too erratic and the rest of the major clubs are clearly in periods of transition. However, the league still threw up a winner in Liverpool who hadn't won the competition in its new format and hadn't won the English top flight since 1990. Compare that with Germany, where Bayern won their eighth title on the trot, Italy where Juventus won their ninth on the trot, France where PSG won for the seventh time in the last eight attempts and Spain, where the usual suspects finished first, second and third.

There is a reason the English Premier League is the most-watched football league in the world in terms of TV audiences and it's not just hype.
I agree with you. If I was Spanish, German or Italian though, it’s possible I’d have a different perspective