Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
Interesting observations and points about the Soccer Saturday viewers. Not something I've noticed, probably to being one of the hordes that sometimes watch it in a pub.

I'm assuming Sky have done their research and decided to freshen up their pundits to suit their audience?
I suppose they must have done. It doesn't seem the type of company that would makes changes like this on a whim unless there was a commercial reason behind it.

The women I mentioned are all genuine football fans. My partner was a season ticket holder for many years before the rebrand; my mate's partner is a season ticket holder and has been for decades; my colleague and her sister are both Liverpool fans but have been Wales tournament ticket holders ever since the FAW introduced them.

With more and more women seemingly being interested in football these days, it makes sense for a show like Soccer Saturday to reflect that in their line-ups. For instance, of the match reporters who are out at the grounds every week, my partner particularly likes Bianca Westwood and Michelle Owen. I think they're both excellent, although my favourite match reporters are Johnny Phillips and Russ Taylor. I guess Soccer Saturday's producers need to try to find a balance to appeal to the whole of their audience.