+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What I don't get about the events of the last few weeks is why are numbers increasing now when for quite a while after after shops, pubs, restaurants etc opened and people were allowed to meet up in other's homes the downward trend was continuing? Youngsters are getting the blame for the upward trend, but it seems to me that throughout the summer, there were plenty of instances where young and older people were gathering groups which ran into four figures and yet there was nothing like the dramatic increases seen recently.

I always thought problems would arise once people were allowed to drink inside pubs. I saw an article written a few days before pubs reopened about how drinking habits would have to change and people would have to limit themselves to just a small number of drinks and thinking that's never going to happen. Possibly more than any other country, UK citizens go out to get pissed and with that the control which would have you following social distancing regulations at the start of your night would gradually disappear. So, I'd argue that has something to do with the increases but, as I mentioned, pubs were open for a while without seeing a big increase in new cases.

We were told that September should be a fairly quiet month before autumn hit and the traditional flu season began, but, with August being something of a wash out, has autumn/winter started early this year and could that be a factor - it certainly has had a bit of an autumnal feel lately.
    It is strange, schools only started 2 days ago so can’t be that, students aren’t really here yet or just arriving now.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It is strange, schools only started 2 days ago so can’t be that, students aren’t really here yet or just arriving now.
    Schools could be a factor in England. Most of them started last week or the week before.

We have got a big secondary school over the road from us and a big primary school behind. For well over a week the super-spreaders and their parents have been swarming twice a day with a handful of masks and bugger all social isolation!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Schools could be a factor in England. Most of them started last week or the week before.

We have got a big secondary school over the road from us and a big primary school behind. For well over a week the super-spreaders and their parents have been swarming twice a day with a handful of masks and bugger all social isolation!
    Scotland's figures started going up after a long period where new cases were very low and deaths almost non existent around the same time as they went back to school in mid August, but there is little being said about schools being behind the increase when I would have thought it would be something that would be easy to identify if it were the cause - of course, it may be that Governments would not want the news in the public domain even if it was happening, given the political fall out if they were to have to close again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Scotland's figures started going up after a long period where new cases were very low and deaths almost non existent around the same time as they went back to school in mid August, but there is little being said about schools being behind the increase when I would have thought it would be something that would be easy to identify if it were the cause - of course, it may be that Governments would not want the news in the public domain even if it was happening, given the political fall out if they were to have to close again.
    the cases they've had in Scotland have not been associated with schools though. the few cases they've had in schools have been teachers who have caught it elsewhere transmitting it to other teachers

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the cases they've had in Scotland have not been associated with schools though. the few cases they've had in schools have been teachers who have caught it elsewhere transmitting it to other teachers
    Teachers need to be tested every week I’d say. Appears they are the issue. No way can schools be shut again

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...r-one-22598425

The wife’s a teacher. If she comes home with a cough...