Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
I've attended numerous meetings with foreign government officials (and prepared briefing documents for those meetings) and not one of them could be typified by your characterisation.
We all have different experiences and its good and positiveness you have been so peaceful , I don't doubt your views mine have been of a different nature . European negotiators particularity around trade has had is many brinkmanship moments , walk out rants etc .

If we did live in the characterizations you describe the world would not need third party adjudication wed all live so peaceful with everything resolved with regards to many conflicts in the world .

The Cuban Missile Crisis brinkmanship was a classic moment In history ( I know its not the same as Brexit ) however its an example of my brinkmanship point and yes to does exists between opposing parties ,table thumping ,walk outs ,third party resolutions, now and throughout history , across many aspects of society ,we have had major trade union disputes , border conflicts , through to moments like the old North Atlantic Cod Wars and Trade Wars across the globe