Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
To a lesser degree. Championship clubs don’t have tv deals worth over a billion pounds. I would hazard a guess the match day revenue is a much smaller percentage of a clubs turnover at PL level compared to Championship.
We all know football is a business. Fans often talk in terms of player purchases or sales as being 'good business' for their clubs. But then the very same fans (and I'm not accusing you of this specifically, by the way) complain about the finances involved in the morally-bankrupt Premier League, which is by all accounts a very successful business.

The current situation is unprecedented. Nothing like it has ever happened before and nobody was prepared for it. From where I'm sitting, it appears that fans of most, if not all Premier League clubs are getting a much better deal than the fans of Championship clubs. I did a quick bit of poking around earlier and it seems that some Premier League clubs didn't put season tickets on sale at all this season, while some that did are giving pro-rata credits to season ticket holders for all games played behind closed and others are giving full automatic refunds for all such games. Meanwhile, all of their games so far have been available to watch on Sky, BT Sport, Amazon or the BBC and future matches than aren't already scheduled to be televised will be available on a PPV basis at a cost of £15, and the coverage will undoubtedly be first class.

At the same time, season ticket holders at clubs like City seem to be getting the rough end of the stick, with poor-quality TV streams at £10 a shot, an unreliable service and confusing arrangements regarding refunds or credits for matches played behind closed doors.

I honestly don't know too much about the sort of service Championship fans are currently getting. I'm only basing my opinion on what people have been saying on this board. However, I'm pretty sure most would prefer straightforward refunds or credits for matches played behind closed doors with an uncomplicated PPV option for high-quality coverage of the matches they have to miss.