Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
The same posters accusing Drakeford of a "knee jerk reaction" etc are the same ones who previously accused him of following in Boris' steps and not having his own plan.

He makes his own decisions = he's wrong.

He chooses the same path as the UK Govt. = he's wrong.

Hypocrisy, thy name is CCMB.

It might be right to have a lockdown, what he, I think, refers to as a deep lockdown with retail closed, hospitality closed et., But surely not necessary in all parts of Wales. If Caerphilly got down to the same sort of incidence as Pembroke it would be hailed as a great success, yet Pembroke is to feel the full weight of his lockdown. Knee-jerk reaction?

The timing seems to be led by the fact that we are heading into a half term break, maybe that's why there is 5 days between announcement and action. But is the timing right? It falls between two UK compensation schemes which makes it difficult for all affected. Also there are a lot of distractions...Halloween, Bonfire Night, Wales rugby v Scotland, all within the lockdown period and all a reason to gather in groups in peoples homes. Knee-jerk reaction?

I hope its successful and I wish he would be up front and tell us now what's planned from 9 Nov, so that we can all get on and plan our lives, both business and pleasure.