Death rates are key here I think Bob. Back in the spring it went from 100 a day to over 1000 a day quite quick, over a 2/3 week period looking at that graph. Cases were always going to go up tenfold now due to the mass testing we are now doing. Next few weeks are critical as this will dictate the whole winter restrictions I think. Death rates keep going up we can forget about lockdowns being lifted. Mainland Europe seems to be in free fall at the moment aswell.
What still amazes me is the general publics attitude — it’s the same people out there who still don’t believe it’s real. I’ll admit I had a good end of summer, didn’t take the piss but went out quite a bit with small groups with the mrs and friends and was nice, thought we were through it and on the road to recovery but clearly it’s now back and I’m prepared to sacrifice as best we can. Haven’t been out since mid September. Chatting to some friends last night however, one said see you in the spring after hibernation, general acceptance of winter restrictions and on my sort of level and the other actually said fancy the pub this evening getting on it before they close!! That’s where in the uk nothing has been learnt as the same folk charging about without a care are still behaving exactly the same way. Mental.