Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
There were decent individuals who could've played at a higher level, hut you can't say that the standard of play was good, it wasn't. I played a few games in the district Premier league or whatever it was called, and the senior league. It wasn't good in my opinion, just very physical at times.
Opinions on standards can vary greatly, football has so many levels. Do we think the City at present play in a good standard of football? Some fans of Premier League clubs would say we’re shit, while, say, if one of us nipped up to watch the County play we may come back with the ‘shit’ verdict on their match. I wonder if old pros have the same opinion as you after retirement? Graham Kavanagh, say, having a chat with someone like David Unsworth who tells him that there were a few decent individuals at his club but the standard of the club’s play but wasn’t good. Then Unsworth having a chat with Paul Merson who tells him the same thing. The pecking order in football can no doubt be very condescending on times I’d imagine.