I don't get the whole away teams doing better thing post lockdown. I accept that the lack of a home crowd is a factor with the argument being as to how much of one it is - I tend to side with the not as much as some may think line. I'd also say that you would expect that a side full of players who are performing at familiar territory having not had to travel a long way to the ground would have a small advantage.

However, the opposite appears to be true, this has always surprised me and I'm no nearer coming up with an explanation as to why. Despite those very small supposed advantages for the home side I mentioned, it looks to me as if away teams are turning up with the same sort of attitude as they would have if there were 20,000 wanting to see them thrashed in the stands. In fact, the lacks of goals in the Football League so far suggests that their attitudes might be even more defensive with an emphasis on quick counter attacking.

Turning to City, although we look to carry more of a goal threat this season, we have still only scored a miserable six in eight matches in all competitions which tends to suggest that the lack of creativity in central midfield in open play is the main reason for that awful scoring record. I think we are a bit different from most in that you can see why we're currently much more successful away from home - if a side comes here and defends anything like well, they know they only need to score two (and we are currently giving visiting teams a cheap set piece goal a game almost) to be pretty sure of winning,