Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
I think, as an escapee to Pembrokeshire of over 30 years I have to have my say.
The place is not boring. Certainly you have to adjust to a new way of doing things but I can honestly say I've never been bored.
I've missed little from Cardiff, apart from not being able to get to the football regularly and the occasional bit of culture at Chapter.
I agree about the people though. The friends I've made, have pretty all been escapees as well. It is quite difficult to get close to the 'locals' who certainly have a different mindset to City dwellers.
Having said all that, if your circumstances allow, go for it. You can always go back if you dont like it. W Wales is hardly the other side of the world.
I'm glad you lie it so much, obviously, i don't really know how i'd react as i've never done it. I'm not a massive fan of Wales anyway, If i had an opportunity to move away from Cardiff, then greece would be my destination of choice, or northern Spain. Both have their problems similar to rural areas in this country, although i like the people and culture, and with a bit of land to keep me busy and a balcony to smoke Cigars on into the night i reckon that i would be quite happy!