Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
All I know is that I had a jab on Tuesday which makes it less likely that I will get flu this winter and that means that, although of course, it's possible that I may die of the flu in the next few months, if it were not for Covid, I would now be going about living the life I considered normal until last March because I would not be taking measures to ensure I didn't catch flu.

If there was a similar injection for Coivd I could have, I'm confident that my life would be able to return to what it was like previously - I'd not be bothered in the slightest whether such an injection was, strictly speaking, a vaccination or not and I reckon there would be millions who'd feel exactly the same as me.
Want to know more, Bob?

EXC: The chair of the UK's vaccine task force showed “official sensitive” government documents to a $200-a-head event for elite US venture capitalists last week

Kate Bingham, a Boris Johnson appointee, showed guests a list of products which the government is set to invest in (a thread): https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/...46591010971649
In her talk she said she expects all over-50s to have vaccine available by Easter. It includes this nugget:

But she also showed docs predicting up to 40% may never take it. There's “concern” over whether vaccines will “actually work". There isn't “any data” on whether it works for those with flu

As a result officials are mulling a major “three-visits” programme that will see vulnerable given on flu vaccine and two for COVID next year. She also disclosed that the government will “literally dispatch roving teams on motorbikes” to deliver the vaccine to the vulnerable