Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
Compare that statement with what Harris himself said yesterday and you can see there are grains of truth in Doug's statement.

Harris' biggest complaint yesterday was about players not winning second balls and effort. My biggest complaint was I saw no obvious pattern in our play. For the last few days I have been musing over who is playing where and why. In the two first halves against Derby and QPR I couldn't figure out where Pack and Ojo were supposedly playing. They had zero influence on the games.

A big indictment for me is Harris' transfers. Why get rid of Peltier and rely on (an admittedly talented but) unknown RB? Bacuna is not a good fullback but it's not his fault. Why not sign Gunther when we could? He is clueless about the midfield which has been an increasing problem since the Whittingham/Gunnar days. We have Pack who is slower than a slug and has a set of misplaced passes in him in every game and three "ratter" types in Ralls, Bacuna and Vaulks. Yet who do sign? Another winger, a forward, a replacement goalkeeper and the aforementioned fullback.

Well I say a winger but is Ojo one? I can see Ojo has qualities but he's a luxury player. He constantly gives the ball away, wanders around the front line and isn't that good at tracking back. Tomlin is another luxury player as is Murphy. In short we have too many. Oh for a Dougie Livermore, Paul Ramsey, Kav or McPhail.

Why bring on Harris yesterday with a few minutes to go in a game you're about to lose? "There you go kid, saves." a joke.

I see zero progression. Watch the games. Every time we get the ball it goes something like this: pass sideways among the defenders, finally slip it to a midfielder who is marked and has zero forward options, he lays it back for a long ball forwards for a "fight" ball we lose.

I could go on.

Am I frustrated? Yes.

Do I still support them team? Yes.

But Harris has to go and the sooner, the better. We need to move on. Get someone progressive in. Eddie Howe please.
Our transfer policy this summer was pretty clearly "one out, one in" and all the midfielders have multiple years left on their contracts. As for Peltier, he's 33 years old and such a limited footballer that Osei-Tutu looks like Cafu in comparison.