+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    What's going to happen next?
    England are going into a lockdown, so the Welsh lockdown will end come hell or high water.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    England are going into a lockdown, so the Welsh lockdown will end come hell or high water.
    The date for the end of the Welsh lockdown was announced way before England announced the start of theirs so not sure what you're really getting at here

Explains a bit more about why it’s so bad in Merthyr

Covid-19: Merthyr Tydfil's 'closeness and community' spreading virus https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54828434

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Explains a bit more about why it’s so bad in Merthyr

Covid-19: Merthyr Tydfil's 'closeness and community' spreading virus https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54828434
    This just about sums up the attitude of many people sadly:

He said he was on the estate last week to talk to someone who'd had issues with anti social behaviour and was invited in, but said he could not due to the rules.

"Two minutes later, she said 'I'm glad you didn't come in, I've got Covid'," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The date for the end of the Welsh lockdown was announced way before England announced the start of theirs so not sure what you're really getting at here
    I was being flippant. However, it has often felt (to me at least) that Drakeford and Co are determined to do things differently to Johnson and his minions regardless of the circumstances. After all, if Wales has some of the highest infection rates in the UK, does it make any sense to start relaxing restrictions here? Is that really an example of following the science?

I was being flippant. However, it has often felt (to me at least) that Drakeford and Co are determined to do things differently to Johnson and his minions regardless of the circumstances. After all, if Wales has some of the highest infection rates in the UK, does it make any sense to start relaxing restrictions here? Is that really an example of following the science?
    I don't want restrictions to continue obviously but it does feel a bit odd going from strict travel restrictions to a 2 week lockdown then just taking the brakes off a bit like's happening Monday. I can't imagine we'll be in a good place in December regardless of what's happened in the last 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't want restrictions to continue obviously but it does feel a bit odd going from strict travel restrictions to a 2 week lockdown then just taking the brakes off a bit like's happening Monday. I can't imagine we'll be in a good place in December regardless of what's happened in the last 2 weeks
    Nevermind that we can all go to the pub again with our mates

Maybe the Science is saying that Lockdown isn't working, as the ***** can't stay out each overs houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe the Science is saying that Lockdown isn't working, as the ***** can't stay out each overs houses.
    I think the science has long since ceased to be the main factor in the decisions being made by any of the governments.