Talking of the sore point of traffic retrictions and Cardiff City Centre, I tried to drive into town this morning to do some of my regular shopping. I couldn't get in. It was impossible.
I drove done around the bottom intending tp park in the St David Centre. I couldn't get near it. The traffic in Callaghan Square waiting to turn right into Bute St didn't move for 10 minutes.
so I thought I'd go round by the prison, turn left and come in that way. no chance, the traffic waiting to turn left was stationary.
so I drove up by the back of the blind institute, exactly the same.
I ended up going through splott up to the junction with Newport Rd Glossop Terrace. The traffic goin into town was stationary. I ended up going up City road to Gabalfa tesco and then home.
The number of people going into town was ridiculous. I'm a regular shopper there and I have never seen traffic like that on a normal saturday.
2 things spring to mind. If the council gave people easier access to the other car parks and stopped putting up signs suggesting they are no reachable this wouldn't happen.
The second, and in this environment more disturbing, is so many people obviously not doing the least they need to. It was seriously worse than Christmas.