Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
First off I hold my hands up for being incredibly guilty on here, and to maybe a lesser extent on regular social media of being nasty and attacking the character of people rather than engaging in discourse.

Sometimes after a drink when I feel that I have the key to universal knowledge or when something that I have read has annoyed me to the point that I feel that I can’t but respond.

This forum though for a while has been quite open in its division and derision of others views. It reflects many others, Stoke‘s Oatcake (Eveything Else) is one that I have been lurking on for a few years as well as Boxing Forums that I used to contribute to.

Things have become very much “with us or against us” with a lot of personal barbs thrown in (which I have been guilty of).

I guess my question is...are we past the point of no return now with political/societal beliefs?

I don’t think that we’ve lived in a time like this in a few generations.
Can anything or What can make things better for discourse and “live and let live”?

Does it matter?
We've never lived in a time like this in my opinion because social media gives people the anonymity they've never had before - talking to people face to face in the manner so many on here are guilty of, myself included, carries far more risk, both mentally and physically, than it does on social media.

The genie is out of the bottle now I feel and all you can do is try to treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself when logging on, but I know from personal experience that it is one thing saying you're going to do that and another completely to actually put it into action.