Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Thanks, that says to me they are safer than they were and precautions have been taken, but, when all's said and done, they are still the same enclosed, poorly ventilated environments and while they may be "Covid safer", I don't see that "Covid safe" can be justified - to be fair, that would be impossible.
You no doubt have a picture in your mind of how pubs used to be when they were packed to the rafters. Things couldn't be much more different these days.

What irritates me more than anything is that these businesses (and let's not forget we're talking about restaurants here too, not just pubs) have spent considerable sums of money in order to comply with government guidelines - money they could ill afford given the lengthy closures earlier in the year, the greatly reduced capacities and the other restrictions on their activities - and yet they get shut down again anyway.

To me, these latest restrictions appear to be totally over the top and I reckon Drakeford has made a complete fool of himself given his bold proclamations before, during and shortly after the firebreak lockdown.