+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Nope, he’s not good enough for this level of football
    who are you watching Tony..?

Ojo was the only player today who doesn't deserve the full wrath of this messageboard

The fundamental problem with this team is the lack of quality in midfield. Harris has found a way to mitigate that in the last few matches, but we were ****ed today when we conceded the first goal because we couldn't chase the game with Ralls and Vaulks up against their three.

didnt have to be a genius to work out this 1 today, little run of game or not i resigned myself to the fact before kick off... like a pair of boxers coming out and walking to the ring you could see who seemed more up for it, and that was before a ball was kicked, on pitch no question... im not proud enough to admit we could even adopt some of the play... they seemed fitter, quicker, more techical, skillfull... what else can you say, id have said the same words no matter what team it was... ill understand the passion of anyone else who sees different i thought i just as well be honest with myself... never mind on to the next 1 its a game out of the way and move on to another

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was pathetic by the team and pathetic by the manager - we got away with it at Stoke when we played like a team that was tired and to stick with the same team with a pair of scuffles in midfield in a 4-4-2 again was asking for trouble.
    Agree,I don't think Harris is up to the job but the players always seem to escape scrutiny. They should be embarrassed by how easy it was for Swansea today, but I doubt they'll care

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Very much second best today
    we weren't even that

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Last season.

Today was a meaningless game in context of a long season and, while I agree it's one for the cons column, Harris trying to please fans/press who can't see past this game is the reason Wilson and Ojo have just played ninety minutes when we're desprate for them to do it next Wednesday, next Saturday and then just a week later three times in eight days.
    Do you honestly believe he is the man to take us forward? By 'forward' I mean into the play-offs or thereabouts by the end of this season, and possibly promotion next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    And who could blame them? It's been boys v men today. We've made them look like a slick, top 6 premier league team. When was the last time we played so badly against the jacks, and been so comprehensively out played? Nothing positive to have come out of the game at all! I've been undecided about Harris so far, I know which side of the fence I am on now. Hr's got to go, plain and simply
    Just said the same men against boys,the level of lack of skill compared to the Jacks was embarrassing.
    They look a good side.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    who are you watching Tony..?

Ojo was the only player today who doesn't deserve the full wrath of this messageboard

So I’ll give it both barrels !!!

He’s not good enough in this team. Maybe he needs better players around him !!! ??

Mediocre, average, not good enough, it's not passion or fatigue, it's lack of quality ability & decision making. We simply have too many average players and the better players are made to look average by what surrounds them. Add in an uninspiring average manager and we have a middle of the table, win some, lose some team.

Still back the manager. But sticking with the system which clearly wasnt working is baffling.

We cant play Glatzel in a 442 midweek.

Harris has to go to the bench and Wilson as the number 10.

Lets hope Tomlin is fit in the new year.

And who could blame them? It's been boys v men today. We've made them look like a slick, top 6 premier league team. When was the last time we played so badly against the jacks, and been so comprehensively out played? Nothing positive to have come out of the game at all! I've been undecided about Harris so far, I know which side of the fence I am on now. Hr's got to go, plain and simply
    Just over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Many congratulations
    ..every cloud

I don't agree with changing formation with so little time to work on it in between games, but we should be looking at incorporating a diamond with front three of Glatzel, Harris and Wilson (or Glatzel, Wilson and Ojo) into our play-book for when Moore needs a rest.

What we really don't need right now is a game in a couple of days time and yet that's what we have. We're likely to lose that as well because the majority of our side need a rest (Nelson looks absolutely desperate for some time out the side) and yet we have no one to feel comfortable about coming in. Having decided to not rest players against Stoke, we desperately needed Harris (manager) to do so today and hang the negative press it would have lead to.

We're limping to January and the transfer window. Need to keep our heads and not be overly negative...can local press/fans/chairman manage that?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    It is hard to swallow but they are but far the more superior team and we just have to accept that. You are right though, with Harris in charge and a board that doesn't seem to know what direction they want the club to go in, it could be a long time until we can compete with them again.
    Thing is it isn't rocket science. You get a manager in who can play a decent style. Their central midfield that outclassed ours came from QPR, Wigan and Bristol City. We have sat by idly and seem to be content with midfielders who don't do anything very well other than make safe passes backwards and sideways. The man who put us to the sword came from Wigan but benefitted from a decent footballing philosophy, a manager who knew what it meant to fans and the games importance and set them up well. If you put Lowe in our team there he wouldn't have had a sniff.

We suffer as a club due to having a board who think changing one man and giving him a bit of cash and they've cracked it. The fact they picked Harris and said it was us going in a new direction to me is an alarming sign of their lack of football knowledge.
    What City are churning out here is what Harris produces. He is direct, he has changed it a bit but not enough and certainly not enough to take us up.

Let's be honest the 4 wins recently have done little more than get us closer to where we should be. We are still underachieving this season.

I am honestly not sure what the game plan is under Harris and couldn't today. It seems get the ball in the box and put in some long throws and hope for the best. If somebody can explain what our shape and game plan was today then I'm all ears.

We never turn up for it, don't know why we bother

Just had a horrible thought, this could have been at Wembley a few months ago At least that would have been without fans.

Do you honestly believe he is the man to take us forward? By 'forward' I mean into the play-offs or thereabouts by the end of this season, and possibly promotion next season?
    Does anyone, outside of Cardiff, see us as one of the top six sides this year? The answer is no. We're a top ten side who are currently...ninth.

Harris is the man to get us promoted next year or the year after. Sack him now and we have to add another year onto that.

The difference was huge, Swansea streets ahead of us. Well coached, good technical players, know what to do and when all built within a clear framework that sets them up well and a clear gameplan.

We on the other hand pass it around and hope someone else does something, or maybe the ball will fall in the box off one of our set pieces, fair play to Swansea they were by far the better team. I don't think we'd have scored even if Bennett had been sent off

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Thing is it isn't rocket science. You get a manager in who can play a decent style. Their central midfield that outclassed ours came from QPR, Wigan and Bristol City. We have sat by idly and seem to be content with midfielders who don't do anything very well other than make safe passes backwards and sideways. The man who put us to the sword came from Wigan but benefitted from a decent footballing philosophy, a manager who knew what it meant to fans and the games importance and set them up well. If you put Lowe in our team there he wouldn't have had a sniff.

We suffer as a club due to having a board who think changing one man and giving him a bit of cash and they've cracked it. The fact they picked Harris and said it was us going in a new direction to me is an alarming sign of their lack of football knowledge.
    What City are churning out here is what Harris produces. He is direct, he has changed it a bit but not enough and certainly not enough to take us up.

Let's be honest the 4 wins recently have done little more than get us closer to where we should be. We are still underachieving this season.

I am honestly not sure what the game plan is under Harris and couldn't today. It seems get the ball in the box and put in some long throws and hope for the best. If somebody can explain what our shape and game plan was today then I'm all ears.

After watching that, are we underachieving? The number of places below Swansea that we are seems about right after today’s game, or perhaps we should be further away from them.

Can’t wait for the Will Vaulks post match “we weren’t at our best today but we’ll put it right and go again” tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    We would have accepted 4 wins out of 5 a few weeks ago. At the time we were in danger of being sucked into a relegation battle but thankfully that is no longer the case.

We have to realise that this team is nowhere near good enough for promotion and try and build for the future. It's a bitter pill to swallow that we are inferior to the Swans but that's where we are at present.

My only concern is that I don't believe we have a manager with the coaching and tactical prowess to enable us to progress to another level. The board will have given him objectives for the season so it remains to be seen what they will do about it if these objectives are not met.
    Good post.
    But Harris can only play the hand he is given.
    Any manager needs a few transfer windows to prove themself.
    I would hate to be in charge of this lot.
    This is the worst team in twenty years.
    But compared to the 90's/ 80s and 70s we can't complain.
    CTID
    Ps, well done Jacks, enjoy it while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The fundamental problem with this team is the lack of quality in midfield. Harris has found a way to mitigate that in the last few matches, but we were ****ed today when we conceded the first goal because we couldn't chase the game with Ralls and Vaulks up against their three.
    Harris has overseen this midfield and not added anything or changed it though.
    Nothing has changed in the middle since Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was pathetic by the team and pathetic by the manager - we got away with it at Stoke when we played like a team that was tired and to stick with the same team with a pair of scuffles in midfield in a 4-4-2 again was asking for trouble.
    Harris was in a very difficult position in my opinion. Firstly, if he had changed a team that had won four on the bounce and they'd got beaten, he would have been slaughtered. Secondly, if he did want to make changes, what could he have done exactly?

You're right, though - they got away with it at Stoke. They didn't get away with it today.

I think the frustration is the style of lack of style in our play. Even in the wins. It's not Harris fault, this is how is teams have played since he has been a manager. I look at Dalman who promised us a change in style after Warnock and went for Harris.

Results wise I think Harris has given us as much as we expected so I won't fault him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Harris has overseen this midfield and not added anything or changed it though.
    Nothing has changed in the middle since Warnock.
    Because it was "one out, one in" during the summer and nobody was taking Pack or Vaulks off our hands.