+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Offensively lost our way?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Offensively lost our way?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I totally get that. He's in a catch 22 situation.

The way we play has its benefits as it suits some of the players we have. It also doesn't make us an attractive team to watch, we can be boring and while we're stuck in the cycle of playing this way, we'll keep looking at players who can make the way we play work, rather than look to change things. I'm hoping Harris looks to change the way we play and bring in personnel to fit. I don't find our long ball game interesting at all. I suppose when we're winning, it doesn't matter. When we're not, and we haven't been winning enough this season, those tactics are made to look primitive. If we have ambition as a club, we need to look at the sort of football the top 6 are playing. We're light years behind them in terms of football. Disruptive, in yer face, get it forward quickly football, yes, but that's not the way to go if we're looking long term at staying in the Premier League.
    Totally agree with this. A change of direction is needed.
    It is whether you believe this team can play more football or if they are told to go direct and be hustle bustle.

I know what I think and I believe this is what Harris does and his philosophy on football. If given money he will,in my opinion, fit players into his direct style. He has already told us what Cardiff fans want in a team (hard working etc etc) and I stumbled on this article. Certainly does not bode well for our quest.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footba...-their-fanbase

For those that can't be bothered to read it Harris talks of his hustle bustle, aggressive style. It goes on to describe a style of football played at Millwall that is nothing like the rest of the top clubs in the Championship. Sound familiar?
    In short we are expecting Harris to play a style that he never in any of his time at Millwall and has not attempted to any great extent in his time here.

Re: Offensively lost our way?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Totally agree with this. A change of direction is needed.
    It is whether you believe this team can play more football or if they are told to go direct and be hustle bustle.

I know what I think and I believe this is what Harris does and his philosophy on football. If given money he will,in my opinion, fit players into his direct style. He has already told us what Cardiff fans want in a team (hard working etc etc) and I stumbled on this article. Certainly does not bode well for our quest.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footba...-their-fanbase
    What a load of bollocks his comments are.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever in my mind that if we played like Swansea but won immediate promotion and spent years in the top flight, our fans would be happy. Far happier than if we continue to play as we are and stay as a top half Championship club.