Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I took care to say throughout the year whereas you appear to be concentrating solely on the period since the firebreak which I concede the WAG have not handled well and it seems they are not making a great job of rolling out the vaccine. However, there has been a bit of a trend towards saying that Johnson and co are somehow responsible for England only and this is not true, they are the UK Government, therefore, despite the powers the WAG has with regard to healthcare in Wales, it's hardly as if they have full independence where Covid policy is concerned.
Deliberately I noted that you said "throughout the year". And throughout the year includes the period post firebreak. The issue appears to be that the WAGs powers have not been exercised well and I just don't see how you can possibly say that England has been more lax than Wales when that is not borne out by the statistics.
The WAG have powers to determine whether and when their firebreaks/lockdowns begin and end as well as vaccine distribution and neither have these jobs have been done well. Of course the figures in England could end up as bad as Wales but they are not there yet. But that is the point, comparisons between the two countries cannot be made until comparable data is available.