Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
It's always puzzled me why people think Bellamy would or will make a good manager. I'm just looking for clues as, to me at least, nothing in his background or what we know for certain about him has ever suggested that he'd be likely to be a good choice for a club at this level.
In the pre season after our first premier league relegation,I took my son and his friend to watch a training session. Afterwards, when the boys went to get autographs, Craig Noone was on his phone, he gestured to them that he would see them after his call. On seeing one of the boys had Bellamy on his shirt, he said that was who he had been on the phone to. I asked what he was doing at present. Noone said that he was travelling all over Europe to various clubs to gain an education to eventually become a manager-he didn't believe he could, or should just walk in to a job. I think that this is a good attitude, and also a great grounding for someone who wishes to go in to management.
When Bellamy stepped down from the Under 18's following the bullying allegations, a player I know said that the intensity and quality of the training sessions immediately dropped off. They still managed to win the league(I think) but this was largely down to the work put in earlier in the season. He also said that Bellamy was a great coach and motivator. Bellamy was also a great advocate for a few of his Under 18's to be involved with the first team,this was constantly knocked back by Warnock. If he does become a manger somewhere, surely he would be prepared himself to give young players a chance?
Now, I know that his coaching/management experience so far has been at a lower level, but I would be more than happy for City to take a chance on him. He's put the leg work in, is keen to learn, from what it seems is a very good coach, it looks like he would give youth a chance and would surely command the respect of current players.
That is what I know of his background, and I think the positives far outweigh the negatives. The fact that he is currently talking to the VFTN might be calculated to put himself in the minds of the club and supporters, and I would be more than happy for the club to make him our next manager.