Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
Let’s look at the managers at the top of the table shall we.

Farke, Norwich - 44 years old. Been managing since he was 32.

Steve Cooper, Swansea - 42 years old, been managing development teams at Liverpool and International level when he was in his 30s.

Thomas Frank, Brentford - 47 years old. Manager since he was 35 managing youth development teams at national level.

These are young progressive managers with a track record of working with and developing young players and with a clear footballing identity.

We just jump from one knee-jerk decision to another. Bringing in merry go around dinosaurs like Slade, Warnock and Mcarthy. It might bring the odd unexpected season of success as it did with Warnock for the first 18 months of his time here but it will always be short lived because we have no long term plan, no structure as a football club, no solid foundation.

The arm around the shoulder / kick up the backside is only effective for so long with the same group of players.

At 61 years old I highly doubt Mick has the time, energy or desire to revolutionise this football club.

Regardless of how he does in the next 6 months he should be thanked for his services and we part ways. However, should he string a few results together I have no doubt he will be offered a longer contract and eventually it will end in tears and we are another couple of years down the line and still bemoaning our lack of forward thinking as a football club.
I completely agree with this.

If Magic Mick was a stellar name with a great track record then fair enough.

How is he going to relate to and motivate a group of 20 & 30 year olds.

All those Sludge quoted had cabinets full of European trophies.

Mick looks like a Poundland Sven.

EDIT:

Nigella Lawson is also 61 so in case she is reading this I have no problem with it.