Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I'm still not a fan of 20/20 cricket, but I am watching a lot more of the Big Bash in Australia this year and you have to appreciate the new shots which would never have appeared if it wasn't for the 20/20 game. When you look back at all of the flak Mike Gatting received for getting out playing a reverse sweep in the 1987 World Cup Final and compare it to now, the difference is astonishing - the reverse sweep is now a legitimate shot in test cricket, in fact, someone like Keaton Jennings would probably have never played test cricket without it.
I was against the concept of 20/20 at first but was badly wrong. It has changed the game for the better in terms or technical skills, fitness and tactics which has translated into the longer game.
Additionally it has brought big crowds back to the game with the likes of Middx, Surrey, Lancs and Yorkshire selling out as ticket prices are cheap and the counties making an effort to be family friendly.
That said I want nothing to do with the Hundred which is just pointless when we have now established 20/20.