Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
What is Smithies telling them? I'm not sure I am with you at all.

What can he tell them before the Millwall player looks to pass it across the six yard box?

I'm not sure I am getting how playing with an extra defender gets him more isolated than if we play with a back four either.

Flint is a bad defender. I thought he was awful at Bristol City and enjoyed us playing against him as he was like the tin man. Awkward, slow and prone to regular mistakes. Nothing I've seen while he has been there has changed my opinion on him.

It looks like we will stutter to mid table and then ask the people who picked Harris and are nonplussed why a manager who never played passing attacking football before coming here didn't do so while here. If it wasn't us it would be hilarious.
Smithies told flint to slice the ball off his right peg in at the near post, a bit of play that the most sublime player on earth wouldn't create in 9 lifetimes. Smithies would have given one of two shouts, 'Time' which translates to take a touch, or 'Away' which means row z. Even if he didn't give a shout then what Flint managed to produce would have physicists the world over scratching their heads.