+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joniesta (Jonny Williams - CONFIRMED)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joniesta

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Apparently Barnsley want 1m plus for him, so it’s a bit of a non starter!
    Apparently, Barnsley are hopeful of keeping him in this transfer window, but even if they don't sell him, he can sign a pre-contract agreement with other clubs because he's over 23 and his existing deal runs out in less than 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Apparently, Barnsley are hopeful of keeping him in this transfer window, but even if they don't sell him, he can sign a pre-contract agreement with other clubs because he's over 23 and his existing deal runs out in less than 6 months.
    I don't think English and Welsh clubs can do this between other English and Welsh clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think they can only sign pre contract agreements with overseas teams 6 months before hand. I know the FA only let PCAs between Premier League teams 1 month before the contract ends. It's a bit vague though and I may well be wrong so don't shoot me. So Joe Bennet could sing contract with Real Madrid(!!) but not Bristol City (this comment will be on the board soon as insider info!!)

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think they can only sign pre contract agreements with overseas teams 6 months before hand. I know the FA only let PCAs between Premier League teams 1 month before the contract ends. It's a bit vague though and I may well be wrong so don't shoot me. So Joe Bennet could sing contract with Real Madrid(!!) but not Bristol City (this comment will be on the board soon as insider info!!)
    It’s absolutely amazing that both of us replied saying the same thing within a minute of each other to a message from hours ago! Talk about coincidence! I’m not accusing you of anything sinister here, just thinking about it, mad timing!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It’s absolutely amazing that both of us replied saying the same thing within a minute of each other to a message from hours ago! Talk about coincidence! I’m not accusing you of anything sinister here, just thinking about it, mad timing!
    Pure coincidence, Your post wasn't up there when i was writing mine......honest! I was looking up the rules online.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Pure coincidence, Your post wasn't up there when i was writing mine......honest! I was looking up the rules online.
    I think you're correct, but I can't find it written down anywhere.