Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Given the margin of victory, I don't think England's win can be solely put down to them winning the toss. Root isn't always going to be in such brilliant form, but although Sibley is not a pleasing batsman to watch, he finds a way to be effective even when he's had the sort of problems he had initially with the spinners in Sri Lanka and while Crawley has not scored many runs since, getting a two hundred and sixty against a good bowling side so early in his test career suggests he can become a very good player at test level. A year or two ago, England's batting looked iffy, but I'm not wholly convinced by either spinner and, it's stating the obvious, but they aren't half going to miss Anderson and Broad when they retire.
Agree with this.

England are not totally reliant on Root , Stokes is now a world class batsman in his own right. Ollie Pope looks an exciting prospect as well and I think will develop into a top player as well. Im not completely convinced on Sibley and Roy but both deserve their place and are doing ok and Crawley looks talented as well.

Anderson and Broad will be a big miss.

Australia coming up though and I think England need at least 1 of Stone and Wood in the side along with Archer. Need that extra pace out there.

Looking forward to seeing Foulkes back in the side for the next test as well.