Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
Cricket is bloody brilliant, isn't it? There is so much going on, even when it looks like there is nothing much going on. I am gutted I missed the Anderson over. I watched the superbowl on Sunday night so had no plans to stay up/get up for the cricket last night. But the baby woke at 3.30am and by the time I put him down, I did think about sticking the telly on but decided against it. Mistake.

And while it is a great win - that is just the first battle. We've got weeks of it left! It must be mentally exhausting for the players, in particular in the current environment. It is such a pity that the test matches this summer was not free to air as I think they really missed a chance to build a new audience when it was the only show in town.
Unless I've missed it Channel 4 hasn't even bothered to put together a highlights programme so those of us who go to work have no chance to see any of this great performance except on news clips.

The coverage is pathetic; during reviews you get pictures of the players having a chat.

Bring back Sky for goodness' sake.