Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
If I were his manager, especially at a club like Spurs where managers come under pressure when the team is having a run like they currently are, there is no way I would give Bale ten games, you only need to see how he has jogged through his appearances with Spurs so far to see he’s not worth a place in the starting line up.

I don’t want to knock someone who is arguably Wales’ greatest ever footballer, but I can’t help thinking that attitudes towards him would be different if he wasn’t who he is.
How many games have you seen him play ?

Brighton and West Ham ?

I saw him in the West Ham game and he looked a bit rusty , which is to be expected, but he was definitely trying.

As far as Brighton goes, spurs lost 1-0 . I didn't see the full 90. I saw him heading a ball off the line. What about the rest of the team ? Were they all impeccable ? Cmon......

I think his nationality is a moot point . Judging ANY player on the amount of game time that Bale has had is totally unfair. I don't see any discussion beyond that really. From my point of view, anything beyond that is just noise that is filling a void of info regarding his current situation.

Like any other player, he needs to be given a run of games, he needs to score, get some praise , get some confidence. These basics don't change just because you are (or have been until recently) one of the world most revered footballers.

If he was playing at a team like Everton under Ancelotti, he'd get game time and he would have scored 4 or 5 goals by now. I'm certain of that.