Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
will I'm afraid be ignored by so many who now believe that Johnson and his Cabinet of political pygmies and chancers have earned their vote because they have, finally, done something that has worked when it comes to tackling Covid and, let's not forget, they also "got Brexit done".

Meanwhile, as we approach the first anniversary of the claim that 20,000 dead in the UK would be a "good" outcome, 100,000 more than that figure have now died - around a year ago, Gluey was posting links to forecasts which said only around 7,000 would die in the UK, that many, and more, were dying in a week until recently. Despite this, none of it seems to affect those who have had the ultimate responsibility for deciding our Covid policy and I have to wonder what more needs to go wrong before the forty odd per cent start to abandon their blind faith in the UK Government?
you have to wonder why Labour haven't gone on the offensive more. at the announcement yesterday Starmer was completely passive. if anything Johnson attacked him more than the other way around.

I can only imagine that they are purposefully keeping their tinder dry at the moment, so as not to be seen to be undermining the efforts to curb the virus, as I don't think an overly combative approach would go down well with a lot of people at the moment.
hopefully there will be an inquiry at the end of this all, and at that point they will at least look to land some punches.