It wasn't a very pretty game to watch, and I think if it hadn't been City, I'd have switched it off halfway through. But a point away is a point away, and Middlesbrough are a team around us in the table, so we should have expected a tough game. Warnock knows exactly how to combat a team like us, and to be fair, he did a good job.
As for us, whereas I accept that tiredness is starting to creep in, surely this applies to all teams in the Championship? It's not like anyone else is getting a break. Our problem is that the guys on the subs bench are not at the same level as the first team. Okay, that's why they're subs, I guess, but when we bring on a player, it always seems to weaken the side, rather than improve it, or at least keep things steady.
Bacuna and Ojo are not as effective as Wilson and Murphy. They don't seem as quick, as strong, or as in-tune with what is expected of them. It's like they didn't get the message at training. We went from being a pressing, threatening side, to a let-them-have-the-ball, and we'll just defend, for the rest of the game. A big mistake.
And for all the praise Ralls gets on here, I just can't see it. He takes a good penalty, but apart from that he's pretty damn average. I thought we'd ditched him for good, but I can see him creeping back in.
Anyway, I think Warnock did a Warnock on us yesterday, and so perhaps we should be happy with a point.